Plant based recipe: Yerba Mate Tea & Ginger, your essential for winter 2023
Fill up on antioxidants and boost your immune system with a recipe made with our organic Yerba Mate Tea leaves. Made with this incredible South American plant, this easy recipe will give you the energy and all the benefits to warm you up during the Canadian wintertime.
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tbsp organic Citrus Yerba Mate Tea Leaves
- 2cm piece of ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey (adjust to taste)
How to do it:
- In a small saucepan, add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil
- Once the water is boiling, add the Yerba Mate leaves, fresh ginger, minced garlic, turmeric and black pepper, then stir everything.
- Turn off the heat and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Filter the mixture and keep only the liquid (remove large pieces and leaves).
- In your favourite cup or gourd, pour your infused Yerba Mate and add lemon juice and honey. (Stir until the honey is dissolved)
Listen, we too would prefer to avoid the viruses that run around during the winter. This hot drink made with organic Yerba Mate Tea, both delicious and above all filled with ingredients known to strengthen your immune system, will help you stay on track with your health.